Neodymium Magnets - Overview
Neodymium magnets and Samarium Cobalt magnets are among the strongest rare earth magnets available. They can be made in many different sizes and shapes such as blocks, discs and rings.
Neodymium NdFeB magnets are often the ideal first choice for many applications because they offer a maximum performance from the smallest magnet volume.
Neodymium Magnets are very strong, but very sensitive to temperature and corrosion. They should always be coated to guard against the risk of corrosion – NiCuNi, Zinc, NiCuEpoxy and Gold are popular finishes.
Neodymium Magnets - Performance
Advantages of Neodymium Magnets
- Maximum performance from smallest size.
- Can be used in extremely cold conditions .
- Neodymium NdFeB is rated to +80 degrees C (176F),so much as +100 (212F), +120 (248F), +150 (302F), +180 (356F), +200 (392F) and +220/230 degrees C (428/446F) with higher Hci versions.
- High coercivity to resist demagnetisation.
Typical Applications for Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets
- Motors and Generators
- Linear actuators
- Automotive (clamps, sensors)
- Magnetic separators
- High performance magnetic clamps and pot magnets
- NdFeB powder is very fine and when dry can ignite spontaneously - care must be taken in handling NdFeB powder.
- NdFeB magnets are very powerful - care must be taken in handling these magnets to avoid injuries.
- NdFeB magnets are susceptible to corrosion.